My memories of elementary school history tell me that the Dutch purchased Manhattan in 1626 for the equivalent of $24. Historians argue whether or not to peg the price at a little higher. Either way Manhattan was acquired as one of the...
As a society we tend to be wary of someone whose greatness is inherited rather than earned. I have heard wealthy people, whose riches were bequeathed to them, cynically referred to as PHD = Papa had dough. The same for positions of power or other areas of greatness that are not earned but...
Our Facebook Page
- Sun, November 23, 2014 - 8:00am
- Tue, November 25, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Wed, November 26, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Thu, November 27, 2014 - 8:00am
- Thu, November 27, 2014 - 9:00am - 11:00am